Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for a talented and experienced Business Development leader to help drive growth and expand market opportunities. As a key thought partner to the executive team, you will evaluate potential strategic partnerships and work closely with cross-functional business leaders to ensure partnerships are successfully executed and impact growth. You will lead the sourcing, negotiation, and implementation of key partnerships, establishing policies, processes and standard agreements to scale the business development organization.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of building and leading high-performing business development teams that contribute greatly to business growth. We are looking for a dynamic, data driven leader who thrives in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. If you are excited about the opportunity to build and lead a world class business development team, we encourage you to apply.
- Develop and lead a world class business development function and team at GoFundMe.
- Trusted thought partner and business partner working with the executive team and cross functional business leaders
- Evaluate potential strategic and commercial partnerships to drive growth, expand addressable market opportunities, and enable access to new product and technology capabilities
- Close partnership with product management and engineering development teams to assess technical feasibility of potential opportunities
- Lead the sourcing, structuring and negotiating of multiple types of partnerships from discovery stage assets through commercialization
- Collaborate with legal, finance and business operations teams to establish policies, repeatable processes and standard partnership agreements
- Develop business systems and processes to scale the business development organization and ensure high impact outcomes from our partnerships
- Own financial modeling and business impact analysis of potential partnerships
- Own project management and implementation of key partnerships and coordinate the management of existing relationships across the organization
- Establish KPIs and drive ongoing performance of partnerships that have been onboarded
- Lead with data when measuring impact of executed partnerships and leverage learnings to drive future partnerships
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to build a working picture of the strategic landscape and a framework to evaluate potential partnerships
- Hire a high performing, experienced and agile team
- Lead and collaborate with authenticity, transparency and a sense of urgency that inspires the team
- 10+ years of experience building high performing business development teams and managing complex cross development organizations
- Comfortable scoping projects from scratch, dealing with complexity and managing ambiguity
- Demonstrated track record of success building highly functioning business development teams that contribute greatly to business growth
- Ability to inspire people at partners and internally around ideas and mobilize execution to bring new lines of business into reality
- Experience implementing systems and processes to drive operational rigor within the business development team and with cross functional business partners in sales, marketing, customer care, product and engineering
- Experience collaborating closely with internal teams including product, marketing, engineering and sales to ensure full internal buy-in for partnerships
- Experience and enthusiasm to build new businesses from the ground up
- Strategic acumen
- Strong financial and business modeling analytical skills
- Intellectually curious
- Problem solver
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $190,000 - $223,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe: