Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for a Senior Tax Manager who will be a key contributor in our expanding Tax function. The Senior Tax Manager will play a key role in establishing standard operating procedures across tax.
The Senior Manager of Tax will be responsible for bringing the corporate income tax provision in-house and for transforming this process from an annual to a quarterly function. This individual will take the lead for outsourced domestic and foreign income tax returns, state and local income tax returns, sales & use tax returns, various tax research projects, credits & incentives applications, establishing standard operating procedures for tax, SOX documentation, R&D tax credit, and direct & indirect tax audits. There will be many opportunities for cross-functional exposure on projects both within finance and across the business. You will report to the Global Head of Tax.
- Coordination and detailed review of outsourced tax compliance for direct and indirect taxes globally
- Monitor current developments in accounting literature to identify any updates to filing requirements globally
- Analyze and document review of tax nexus issues on a global basis
- Assist with the documentation and maintenance of corporate accounting policies
- Manage all aspects of the external filings
- Take initiative for process improvements to optimize the compliance preparation process
- Maintain the global tax calendar
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Ability to perform independent accounting research and documenting accounting positions
- Prior experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm preferred
- BA/BBA/BS in Accounting, Finance or business-related field required
- US CPA is preferred
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization, from clerical staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manages competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of NetSuite, Workday or other comparable ERP systems is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $130,000 - $185,000 + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe: