Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMe joined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is looking for a Strategy & Analysis, Senior Manager based in Chicago, IL. In this role, you will drive strategic initiatives and thought leadership for GoFundMe to help others help each other. The Senior Strategy Manager will use analytic, problem-solving, and communication skills to derive insights, solve business problems, and help teams execute on these strategies.
- Independently drive major strategic initiatives for GoFundMe and Classy that push for effectiveness, efficiency, and growth while upholding our core values and mission
- Define project scope, develop approach, and lead execution of projects
- Use qualitative and/or quantitative analyses to test hypotheses to solve critical business issues
- Synthesize findings and deliver recommendations effectively to leadership
- Use a data-driven approach to support operations, partner with key stakeholders on cross-functional initiatives, and use influence to drive change
- Advocate for and partner closely with Operations to drive effectiveness and efficiency while improving the customer experience
- Present insights, ideas, recommendations, and research to executive leadership and stakeholder teams effectively
- Identify areas for process development & improvement and lead implementation of those opportunities
- Partner with product, engineering, data, legal, and operations teams to support new products, features, and initiatives
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape
- BS/BA or higher degree in business, engineering, finance, mathematics, economics, or similar field
- 5+ years of experience in Management Consulting, Strategy, or related experience
- Experience partnering closely with product/engineering and operations teams
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on quality
- Ability to think solve problems creatively
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong project management skills with great time management
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use frameworks to build structure to solve difficult business problems
- Excited about joining a team focused on helping others
- Believe in “we” not “me”
- MBA or other Master’s degree in a similar field
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Looker, and/or SQL
- Experience working in the risk and/or compliance space
- Experience in the payments industry or similar space
- Knowledge of the social fundraising competitive landscape
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position in this location is $160,000 - $225,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Learn more about GoFundMe: