GoFundMe is on a mission to empower people to help people. We are searching for a Communications Manager who will develop and execute proactive announcements for Canada.
- Serve as an on-the-record spokesperson with reporters in Canada and execute proactive media announcements across the country
- Develop/deploy creative earned media tactics to generate positive news as well as innovative PR plans highlighting inspiring GoFundMe campaigns.
- Generate stories about GoFundMe campaigns and crowdfunding trends in Canada
- Build and maintain strong relationships with reporters in Canada and successfully generate positive news on a regular basis
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5+ years in PR/Communications
- Must have on the record experience
- Experience with Canadian media
- Write and communicate clearly
- Developed and executed communications proactive media strategies across multiple platforms and managed media relations effectively
- Demonstrated creativity in driving communications and maximizing media opportunities
Working at GoFundMe...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change millions of lives every day
- We're a small and growing team of fun people you'll likely enjoy being around
- GoFundMe employees have the chance to choose campaigns that GoFundMe gives back to every month
- We're happy to pay for exceptional people, offer full benefits, issue bonuses, and stock options
- We're growing fast, we've got some incredible opportunities ahead
More about GoFundMe...
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day, friends, family and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $3 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.