Classy helps nonprofit organizations increase their impact by creating outstanding giving experiences. Our best-in-class suite of online fundraising solutions help millions of people amplify their support for the causes they care about. As an independent subsidiary of GoFundMe, we are a global leader in modern giving across B2C and B2B, crafting new opportunities to reach more people and organizations across the world. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $4 billion for social good.
About the role:
The Classy sales team is growing! We are looking for an Enterprise Sales Development Representative (EDR) who has exceptional communication skills and is a strategically minded individual. Above all else, an EDR is determined to succeed.
EDRs are the front line of the enterprise sales process. The core function of an EDR is identifying key contacts and understanding fundraising of the largest nonprofits in the United States. EDRs then build a plan to engage these organizations and ultimately own the execution of that plan. EDRs are measured by their ability to multi-thread various departments within organizations in order to establish relationships, generate pipeline, run discovery calls, and complete a seamless handoff of qualified prospects to the Account Executive team.
Success in this role is acquired by working closely with Enterprise Account Executives to strategically target accounts and exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly pipeline goals. EDR’s and Account Executives are true partners in every aspect of their shared business, thus giving EDR’s a unique opportunity to develop their soft skills and sales acumen under the guidance of senior sales reps.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Build Account Plans that identify key areas of entry into accounts and show an understanding of the technology, contacts, and fundraising initiatives at these nonprofits
- Use multiple channels and approaches to obtain a minimum of 50 outreach activities a day to nonprofit organizations within your provided territory
- Work with marketing to plan creative strategies (events, mailers, conference engagement, and more) to engage your accounts
- Methodically qualify, build, and forecast an accurate sales pipeline in Salesforce using MEDDIC
- Accurately document and track all activities in Salesforce
- Consistently surpass your monthly quotas through hard work, a proactive approach to growth, and implementing feedback
- Thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable
- Become an expert in online fundraising - asking insightful questions, overcoming objections and understanding your client’s needs will be critical to your success.
What you bring (Required):
- 1+ years of inside sales or relevant experience (selling over the phone/web preferred)
- Outbound prospecting experience
- Excellent communication skills and a professional phone presence
- Experience navigating through organizations to reach decision makers
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
- Technically savvy
What would be incredible to have (Preferred):
- A background or prior experience in Operations
- Previously trained in consultative / value based selling
- Experience using a CRM (preferably Salesforce) and sales engagement and automation software (Such as: Salesloft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoominfo, Chorus)
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.