Classy helps nonprofit organizations increase their impact by creating outstanding giving experiences. Our best-in-class suite of online fundraising solutions help millions of people amplify their support for the causes they care about. As an independent subsidiary of GoFundMe, we are a global leader in modern giving across B2C and B2B, crafting new opportunities to reach more people and organizations across the world. Since 2011, Classy has powered tens of millions of donations from over 190 countries and raised over $4 billion for social good.
About the role:
Are you a dynamic, impactful, and hard-working individual who is looking to challenge yourself in new ways? The Classy sales team is hiring Business Development Representatives (BDRs) to support our push upmarket. The ideal candidate would have previous sales development experience, be excited to pursue a career in sales, and someone who has done their research on what makes an outstanding performer.
BDRs are often the first contact that a prospective customer has with Classy and spend their days conducting strategic outreach to decision makers of nonprofit organizations, while also following up and championing business relationships. BDRs are measured by their ability to strategically penetrate multiple departments within organizations to generate pipeline, facilitate qualifying calls and conduct discovery with high-level decision makers, and complete a seamless handoff of qualified prospects to our Account Executive team.
BDRs work closely with Account Executives, and thus gain a unique opportunity to develop their soft skills and business acumen from the guidance of senior sales reps; allowing BDRs to develop beneficial full cycle sales skills. The level of business and professional growth within this role is unmatched.
Success in this role is obtained by working closely with the Account Executive team to strategically target accounts, exceed monthly, quarterly, and yearly pipeline goals and handling pressure in a team-focused environment that is dedicated to success.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Use multiple channels and approaches to obtain a minimum of 50 outreach activities a day to non-profit organizations within provided territory
- Use strategy and creativity to reach key decision makers within provided territory
- Facilitate qualifying calls and conduct discovery with high-level decision makers
- Methodically qualify, build, and manage an accurate sales pipeline in Salesforce using MEDDIC
- Accurately document and track all activities in Salesforce
- Consistently surpassing your monthly quotas through hard work, a proactive approach to growth, and implementing feedback
- Thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and coachable
- Become an expert in online fundraising - asking insightful questions, overcoming objections and understanding your client’s needs will be critical to your success.
What you bring (Required):
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1+ years of inside sales or relevant experience (selling over the phone/web preferred)
- Outbound prospecting experience
- Excellent listening, verbal and written skills
- No fear of the phones!
- Experience navigating through organizations to reach decision makers
- A growth mindset, consistently working to improve your skills and adapt in a changing environment
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Positive attitude and a drive to win
What would be incredible to have (Preferred):
- Previously trained in consultative / value-based selling
- Experience using a CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Experience using one or more of the following: Salesloft, 6Sense, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, and Chorus
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.