Classy's Platform Engineering team is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of our cloud infrastructure, developer toolchain, and solutions to help simplify and accelerate our software delivery at Classy. We create abstraction layers and tooling to hide away the infrastructure, and build incredible developer experiences so our engineers can focus on delivering the right features to our customers, faster.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer to help build out our internal developer platform vision. Help drive innovation in developer productivity, and software delivery through automation, cloud-native tools, services, and third-party solutions. The ideal candidate will use their software engineering background to help enable new self-service capabilities for all of Classy engineering.
If you want to be part of a DevOps culture where you get a chance to serve the needs of your internal engineering community, we want to talk to you.
What you’ll do:
- Build backend REST APIs, services, and interfaces that help improve development, testing workflows, and release processes
- Collaborate closely with other engineering teams to help identify their pain points, address tech debt, and improve overall developer efficiency
- Take a product-driven mindset toward improving the developer experience at Classy
- Participate in and provide input to roadmap planning and discussions
- Lead or co-lead medium to large technical roadmap initiatives
- Participate in the design and implementation of new solutions that support and contribute to our technical roadmap
- Work across different technologies and tools to create holistic solutions to complex problems
- Develop and maintain documentation including APIs, onboarding, tools, and services
- Evangelize and drive adoption of software development best practices in test, code quality, and maintainability
What you bring (Required):
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with frontend and server-side, web-based technologies in a cloud-native environment
- Strong backend, microservices, and distributed system skills
- Experience working with AWS cloud services and its ecosystem (CodeBuild, CodePipeline, ECS, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automated build/test deployment environments
- A passion for tools, automation, and addressing technical debt
- A detail-oriented mindset with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies and clearly communicate complex ideas
- Experience with increasing developer velocity, productivity, and building developer tools
What would be awesome to have (Preferred):
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi, etc)
- Experience with container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, EKS)
- Experience building highly effective developer tools and portals
- Experience with observability and logging tools and best practices
Why you’ll love it here:
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits; including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company.
Dedication to Diversity
Classy is working toward building a more diverse and inclusive environment that is representative of individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves in a space that enables productivity and meaningful work.