Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with a common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. Since 2010, GoFundMe has become a trusted global leader in online fundraising, with $17 billion raised from over 200 million donations. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for a Director of North America Public Policy and Government Relations that will report into our Chief Corporate Affairs officer.
- Oversee development and execution of a focused US and Canadian legislative and regulatory strategy to advocate for company-wide public policy goals.
- Ensure that GFM’s executive team and other members of leadership are aware of and understand the business significance of global policy developments.
- Drive GFM's thought leadership initiatives and partnerships including with legislators, government entities focused on advancing interests and issues of relevance to GFM.
- Direct and oversee GFM’s partnerships with local, state, and federal governmental entities.
- Manage external firms, associations, and other 3rd party groups in North America for policy issues.
- Partner with Legal and Communications teams and outside experts to help develop GFM messaging on key policy issues.
- Develop a broad and deep network of relationships with policymakers, thought leaders, and other policy professionals that enhance GFM's reputation as a constructive and thoughtful player in the social fundraising and payments space.
- Strategically support new market entry and manage growth risks.
- Advocate in front of policymakers and other key stakeholders around the world.
- Partner with Legal to interpret global fundraising, payments and other relevant legislation and communicate business impacts with tight turn-around times.
- Foster close and constructive relationships with internal business partners and work to ensure advocacy efforts are in line with company-wide goals and objectives.
- Minimum fifteen years’ experience developing and executing public policy strategies and interacting professionally in a public policy environment
- Experience managing government relations professionals and associations.
- Issue and advocacy experience in legislative and regulatory policy. Experience with financial services, data security, privacy and/or social fundraising issues is a plus.
- Strong aptitude to prioritize the most important work.
- Motivated self-starter and ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Desire to be innovative and part of a growing company and team at the forefront of public policy issues.
- J.D., M.P.P. or M.P.A. a plus
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...