Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with a common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. Since 2010, GoFundMe has become a trusted global leader in online fundraising, with $17 billion raised from over 200 million donations. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
GoFundMe is looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to work with an amazing team of engineers, product managers, and product designers to build logged in experiences for donors on GoFundMe.
- You’ll collaborate with Product Managers and Front End Engineers to develop features and improvements to GoFundMe
- You’ll work across the backend and occasionally on the full stack.
- You’ll participate in code reviews to maintain internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices.
- You’ll ship features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members.
- You’ll participate in on-call rotations to assist in troubleshooting urgent engineering issues.
- You’ll recognize technical debt, propose and implement solutions.
- You’ll provide mentorship to junior developers through chat and pair programming.
- You’ll advocate for improvements to the codebase and provide leadership to others within your team.
- 5+ years of professional experience developing REST APIs using a backend framework like Laravel, Spring, or Django.
- Professional experience with relational database design.
- Experience using Git in a workplace environment.
- Experience working in an agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and the ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Experience with application performance monitoring and log analytics tools. We use New Relic and Sumo Logic.
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits include employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...