Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $15 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
The goal of the Data and AI Platforms team is to build the foundations to power intelligence in GoFundMe’s products and services. Furthermore, data is at the center of all business decisions and product strategy at GoFundMe. As a software engineer on the team, you will play a key role in architecting scalable systems that process and deliver petabytes of data. Your work will enable business analysts and data scientists to generate insights and machine learning engineers to ship models and APIs to drive discovery experiences for GoFundMe app users.
This role requires and expands your technical expertise in a wide variety of technologies involved in distributed data processing, real-time event streaming, data warehousing and delivering robust backend systems to power recommendations. Come join us and build world-class Machine Learning infrastructure and petabyte-scale consumer app telemetry systems!
- Build and manage robust data infrastructure to process and analyze event streams with tens of billions of events / month
- Given requirements and constraints, build and enhance system architecture by leveraging a deep understanding of technologies available for storage, streaming and orchestration
- Leverage distributed frameworks like Spark to parallelize and scale analysis, feature generation and data preparation
- Empower all engineers, data analysts and machine learning engineers by warehousing disparate sources of data using Redshift
- Build systems to productionize Machine Learning models to power sophisticated recommendation systems.
- Establish best practices to test, deploy and release infrastructure and code changes
- Research and stay up to date on newest approaches and solutions available within AWS and the open source community
- Have 2+ years of experience with distributed data processing frameworks like Spark
- Have 2+ years designing, building and deploying backend services to power varied applications
- Have a good understanding of databases and best practices in optimizing queries
- Have experience working with data warehousing solutions like Redshift or Snowflake
- Have experience designing, developing and productionizing APIs
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining ETL/data-warehousing pipelines for structured and unstructured data is a plus
- Experience with Kafka/Kinesis and event streaming infrastructure is a plus
- Understanding of data science and machine learning technologies is a plus
- Have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Have knowledge of Python and/or Scala
- Ping pong skills, a love for boba tea, and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay, stock options and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...