Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $15 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
Our Senior Revenue Accountant reports to the Manager of Technical Revenue Accounting and will assist in overseeing our monthly close, grow and scale our revenue recognition process, and liaise between cross-functional groups in order to ensure strong partnerships across finance and other teams. You will have the opportunity to provide value through financial analysis and modeling and directly impact our automation initiatives.
- Manage the month-end and quarter-end close activities including preparation of revenue related journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and flux analyses.
- Assist in the design, scaling, and continued automation of revenue accounting, including revenue recognition, accounts receivable, and contra-revenue.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly revenue financial reporting packages by preparing supporting analyses and schedules.
- Prepare and analyze payment processor pricing models and present findings and recommendations related cost savings.
- Support cross-functional teams (tax,, legal, marketing, product, data, etc) in development of standard operating procedures and ensure that all revenue-impacting activities of the company are identified and assessed for revenue recognition implications.
- Assist with global and stat audits by preparing supporting analyses and audit schedules.
- Assist with new system implementations and integrations including preparing use cases and user testing
- Assist in the development and implementation of controls over the data used for reporting revenue.
- Track and review revenue related contracts to ensure revenue implications are documented and in compliance with the company policy.
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis and projects for revenue, accounting and tax teams.
- 3-5 years’ experience with a Big 4 accounting firm with demonstrated high performance, industry experience at a top tier internet company is a plus.
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a closely related discipline
- CPA/CA certification, or in progress
- Breadth of experience in US GAAP and ASC 606 revenue recognition guidance
- Basic experience researching, documenting, and communicating technical accounting matters
- Expert Excel knowledge is required (record sets >1M rows).
- Experience working with databases and SQL across standard commercial databases or ability to learn is required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience analyzing high volume, multi-currency transactions in a global business environment.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills - ability to work with a diverse team and impart change across functional and business boundaries
- Enjoy a fast-paced ever-changing environment where contributions make an immediate difference
Why you’ll love it here…
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...