Data is at the center of all decisions and strategy at GoFundMe. This architect/engineer will be a key part of our growing Data Mobile and Discovery Experiences department as we build scalable data platforms and services to enrich user experiences through data products and enable analytics, data science and machine learning operations - all efforts leading towards business growth and fostering of a global culture of peer-to-peer giving. This role requires knowledge of a wide variety of technologies that deal with the data lifecycle - creation, ETL, analytics, deployment of data to create AI applications and services to enrich product experiences. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment and like being challenged with fun data problems to solve, come join us in our Los Angeles or Redwood City offices.
- Develop microservices and enhance data streaming infrastructure to drive recommendations, feeds, search and other products
- Build instrumentation SDKs to instrument user behavior in our web and native app products
- Design infrastructure for model deployments and drive the machine learning lifecycle
- Architect for data access patterns and guide development of prediction pipelines
- Collaborate with analysts, product managers and application engineers to multiply impact and prioritize proactively
- Leads exploration of and adoption of industry patterns and best practices
- 5+ years designing, building and deploying backend services to power varied applications
- Experience with web APIs and data integrations across internal and external systems
- Expertise in writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with distributed processing frameworks like Spark
- Knowledge of Python, PHP, Scala or Kotlin
- Understanding of data science and machine learning approaches a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Ping pong skills, a love for boba tea, and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...