Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $10 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
GoFundMe is looking for a Senior. Financial Analyst. This position will be located in our Redwood City office, in a startup-type environment, with a motivated team that is getting results and having fun. This role will be a key asset in the growth of the company by partnering with other departments on key strategic initiatives through critical/creative thinking, planning, analysis, contribution of ideas, bringing attention/solutions to missed gaps, and preparation of related presentations as necessary. This position is part of FP&A and reports to the Director of Finance.
- Partner with various departments to assist in understanding key drivers and influence business decisions to improve revenue growth and profitability
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Monitor and analyze trends of key operational and financial performance indicators
- Own preparation of various presentations to the Executive Team
- Manage FP&A operations activities around monthly reporting, company model actualization, variance commentary, forecasting, etc.
- Drive and coordinate various portions of annual planning, quarterly forecasting and monthly reporting processes to deliver predictable financial results, early warning of potential gaps and timely identification and implementation of corrective action
- Improve efficiency and reporting accuracy through process improvement across departments
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting, private equity, finance, or analytics role at a tech company; experience in a public company is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance; M.B.A. or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex issues and detailed analysis into simple, structured frameworks with concrete action plans
- Demonstrated experience in driving complex and cross-functional projects with multiple stakeholders
- Highly analytical and able to extract business insights from analysis; strong financial modeling and analysis skills required; proficiency with SQL and statistical tools are a plus
- Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty, and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Humble attitude with a willingness to shift from high-level strategic thinking to stepping in and helping to drive implementation alongside functional teams
- Proven track record of self-motivation, prioritization, initiative and integrity
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...