Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $10 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
GoFundMe is a brand that people trust, known for its ease-of-use, real results, rapid customer service response times, and the first and only fraud protection guarantee for social giving: the GoFundMe Guarantee.
Trust is an integral part of GoFundMe's business. It drives growth, builds and nurtures our brand, and ensures that we always do the right thing by our customers. The Risk & Compliance team is at the front line of GoFundMe’s efforts to protect donors, campaign organizers, beneficiaries, and our company from financial crimes and abuse. As a member of the Risk & Compliance team, you will be responsible for reviewing donor transactions, handling payment disputes, analyzing campaigns for fraud and money laundering schemes, and enforcing compliance with relevant laws and regulations. This is an incredibly rewarding job where you are required to operate at an impeccable level of consistency while mastering new techniques and technologies to ensure GoFundMe remains the most trusted place to give online.
- Conduct customer due diligence and investigations into accounts, payers, and NPOs, analyzing each instance of suspicious activity with an array of research techniques and analytical tools.
- Produce records for partners, and internal recordkeeping.
- Audit interactions, reviews, and flows across all departments to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure that GoFundMe.com and GoFundMe.org remain compliant with applicable regulations.
- Contribute to tailored compliance training initiatives for all company roles.
- Work with our Trust & Safety, Marketing, Communications, and Happiness teams to ensure appropriate and accurate dissemination of public knowledge related to campaigns.
- Offer guidance on any relevant escalated customer support ticket, or account review.
- Iterate on company policy to drive a culture of compliance, support localization efforts, and constantly refine processes.
- Skilled investigator - Do you have a background in risk management, compliance, project management, or financial institutions? Were you a private investigator or investigative journalist in another life? Do you spend your free time debunking urban legends and fact-checking?
- Analytical - Can you spot patterns, investigate anomalies, and communicate your findings to fellow team members?
- Talented communicator - Do your sentences seamlessly transition from one idea to the next? Can you type really fast with few to no mistakes? Are phone calls a breeze?
- Hustle - Do you thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment, with a company’s brand or a person’s livelihood on the line?
- Tech-savvy - Do you have experience in e-commerce, fraud/risk investigations, or data management? Is your CTRL or CMD button worn down? Do you know how to identify and report malicious links and files?
- Grit - We are constantly dealing with delicate situations and real-life tragedies. Are you tough enough to bounce back? Do you have a thick skin?
- Empathizer - Do you genuinely care about people and want to help them? Do you believe that most people are fundamentally good and deserve to be protected from bad actors?
- Team player - Can your colleagues rely on you to provide your best work and can you make sure they're doing the same?
- Attention to detil - Did you notice I spelled "detail" wrong?
- Resourceful innovator - Are you able to push boundaries, see through barriers, and discover creative solutions with little guidance
- Organized - Are you able to effectively organize and prioritize your day?
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay, stock options, and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe: