Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $10 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
GoFundMe is a brand that people trust, known for its ease-of-use, real results, rapid customer service response times, and the first and only fraud protection guarantee for social giving: the GoFundMe Guarantee.
Trust is an integral part of GoFundMe's business. It drives growth, builds and nurtures our brand, and ensures that we always do the right thing by our customers. The Risk & Compliance Department is at the front line of GoFundMe’s efforts to protect donors, Organizers, Beneficiaries, and Donors from financial crimes and abuse. As a member of the Risk & Compliance Team, you will be responsible for reviewing donor transactions, handling payment disputes, and analyzing fundraisers for fraud and money laundering schemes. This is an incredibly fast-paced job where you are required to operate at an impeccable level of consistency while mastering new techniques and technologies to ensure GoFundMe remains the most trusted place to give online.
- Mitigate losses by reviewing donor transactions that have high potential for fraud.
- Conduct investigations into fundraisers. Work with customers and leverage outside sources to remove fraudulent fundraisers.
- Respond to payment disputes by working with the customer and GoFundMe’s payment processor partners.
- Ensure that GoFundMe remains compliant with global regulatory sanctions.
- Recognize and reverse account security breaches and fraudulent donation activity.
- Work with our Marketing, Communications, and Happiness teams to ensure appropriate and accurate dissemination of public knowledge related to fundraisers.
- Provide invaluable security feedback to our Product Team to build security into the GoFundMe platform.
- Consistently improve and enhance our internal processes and systems.
- Skilled investigator - Do you have a background in transaction monitoring or AML? Were you a private investigator or investigative journalist in another life? Do you spend your free time debunking urban legends and fact-checking?
- Analytical - Can you spot patterns, investigate anomalies, and communicate your findings to fellow team members?
- Talented communicator - Do your sentences seamlessly transition from one idea to the next? Can you type really fast with little to no mistake? Are phone calls a breeze?
- Hustle - Do you thrive in a fast paced, high-pressure environment, with a company’s brand or a person’s livelihood on the line?
- Tech-savvy - Do you have experience in e-commerce, fraud or risk investigations, or crisis management? Is your CTRL or CMD button worn down? Do you know how to identify and report malicious links and files?
- Grit - We deal with delicate situations and real-life tragedies. Are you tough enough to bounce back? Do you have a thick skin?
- Empathizer - Do you genuinely care about people and want to help them? Do you believe that most people are fundamentally good and deserve to be protected from bad actors?
- Team player - Can your colleagues rely on you to provide your best work and can you make sure they're doing the same?
- Attention to detil - Did you notice I spelled "detail" wrong?
- Resourceful innovator - Are you able to push boundaries, see through barriers, and discover creative solutions with little guidance?
- Organized - Are you able to effectively organize and prioritize your day?
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay, stock options, and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe: