Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $10 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
We're searching for a Cloud Storage Engineer. He/She will be responsible for troubleshooting and evolving the storage layers used across Gofundme. This engineer will be the lead for architecting the future strategy of data storage to support our product growth.
To ensure the highest level of application performance and availability, the engineer will work closely with development teams, site reliability engineers, information security engineers, technology vendors and partners. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in cloud database infrastructure, database design, database development, database tuning, service delivery, incident tracking, management of ETL processes for business intelligence, reporting and change management.
- Create, maintain and execute on improvements to our databases and as we scale our systems to meet customer demand
- Monitor, identify, and troubleshoot technical database incidents, performance issues and query optimization
- Design storage layers to be highly available across multiple, regional data centers
- Participate in architectural reviews to guide application and system designs to meet product requirements
- Manage storage layers for relational databases, data warehouses, data caches, non-relational databases, and data archival
- Work cross functionally to ensure best practices are being used at database storage and application levels to provide consistent and scalable products
- Research and implement new technologies to support a growth focused product and its data needs
- Use data analysis to pick up trends before they become major problems.
- Participate in on-call duties.
Technologies you are likely to be working with:
AWS, MySQL/Aurora, Redshift, Neo4j, Elasticsearch, Elasticache/Redis, S3, AWS Athena, Maxwell, ProxySQL, Monyog, Kafka, Memcached, Git, Bash, Python, Nagios, Sumologic, NewRelic
- 5+ years of experience in operating high-traffic SaaS environments.
- Expert knowledge on database internals
- Strong technical skills with a proven record of architecture & design experience in building large scale distributed systems/databases
- Solid scripting skills (e.g. Bash, Python).
- Experience with performance diagnostics, performance tuning, capacity planning, and monitoring.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a desire to delight customers.
- You work well with other team members.
- You appreciate the importance of systems change management.
- You are a systematic problem solver, with the ability to think outside the box.
- You are able to function at a high level in critical situations.
- You are eager to learn new technologies and programming languages.
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...