Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $10 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
We're searching for a experienced Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). You will be responsible for the full system lifecycle including infrastructure provisioning, system configuration, deployments, monitoring, and incident response in production environments. The SRE uses technical analysis to assess the availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of a product or infrastructure and builds reliability into systems. To ensure the highest level of application performance and availability, the reliability engineer works closely with development teams, relevant functional operations teams, network engineers, database administrators, technology vendors and partners. The successful reliability engineer effectively guides incident responses, helps identify root causes and provides recommendations or solutions to mitigate and resolve issues.
- Design and build out our cloud infrastructure (we run everything in AWS).
- Participate in software and system performance analysis, tuning, and service capacity planning.
- Manage the availability, scalability, security, and performance of our platform and applications.
- Diagnose bottlenecks for the full stack and provide recommendations to overcome the bottlenecks as an interim work around, while long-term solutions are investigated.
- Periodically assess all monitoring requirements and implement enhancements to meet or exceed changing business needs.
- Proactively review, recommend, and implement changes to the live infrastructure after ensuring the right validation has been carried out.
- Use data analysis to pick up trends before they become major problems.
- Perform 24/7 on-call duties.
- Technologies you are likely to be working with...
AWS, Ansible, Terraform, MySQL, Nginx, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Memcached, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Git, Bash, Python, PHP, Java, Kotlin, Ruby, Nessus, Nagios, Sumologic, NewRelic, PagerDuty
- 5+ years of experience in operating high-traffic SaaS environments.
- Deep expertise in the mentality, processes, and tools needed to deliver five nines.
- Skills to build a fully automated, highly elastic cloud orchestration framework on AWS.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux and its underlying components, system statistics, performance tuning, filesystems and IO.
- Solid scripting skills (e.g. Bash, Python).
- Development experience (e.g. Python, PHP, Java, Kotlin).
- Experience with continuous integration frameworks.
- Experience with performance diagnostics, performance tuning, capacity planning, and monitoring.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...