Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $10 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
We’re looking for a Communications Associate to support the brand, product, and consumer communications team!
- Amplify the GoFundMe brand with creative communications strategies and tactics
- Support in the development of strategic PR plans, clear messaging and communications guidance for initiatives such as marketing campaigns, partnerships, product announcements and company news
- Drive speaking, awards, and thought leadership programs
- Support on relevant inbound media inquiries
- Build and maintain thoughtful media lists across different verticals and maintain close, productive relationships with journalists, key partners and the GoFundMe community
- Support PR execution for GoFundMe Heroes program by developing outreach strategy, pitches and media lists
- Collaborate with internal teams with communications messaging and strategy
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 3-4+ years of PR/Communications
- Experience with media list building, pitch writing and securing stories across verticals and a solid understanding of media landscape
- Strong, clear written and verbal communicator, with the ability to tailor messages for different audiences
- Strong research and analytical skills; in-the-know and able to quickly identify trending topics and issues
- Efficient project management skills for multiple time-sensitive projects at the same time
- Ability to move with speed and agility in a fast-paced, remote environment
- A trustworthy and dependable team player, who works well with internal cross-functional and external partners, and with the ability to operate under own direction and demonstrate high productivity
- Ideal candidate will have agency experience with a focus in consumer and tech industries
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...