Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $10 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and collaborative Back End Software Engineer to join our team. You'll develop services that support our mobile apps used by millions of fundraisers around the globe, in addition to other parts of our platform. We have a lot of really great features in the pipeline, and we need some help getting it all done!
- Developing with backend frameworks like Django, Laravel, or Ruby on Rails
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across GoFundMe
- Work closely with team of engineers as well as product managers, QA and designers
- Responsible for documentation & testing (Python unittest, PHPUnit)
- Participate in code reviews and advocate for best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/, Computer Engineering, or a relevant professional work experience
- 3+ years of technical experience and expertise in relevant technologies
- We work in languages like Python, PHP; frameworks like Django and Laravel; and databases like MySQL and Redis. Mastery in some of these languages and technologies are desired. However, what we care about most is your general software engineering skills, work-ethic, and enthusiasm to learn.
- Strong grasp in SQL and experience with ORMs
- Experience implementing RESTful APIs
- Strong abilities to write clear, testable, maintainable code
- Take pride in your work and enjoy working with others
- Seek to improve engineering standards, processes, and culture
- Ping pong skills and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...