Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $10 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
Your role will be instrumental in scaling GoFundMe into a global company by taking its products and services to new countries and languages.
We are seeking Senior Software Engineers to build parts of GoFundMe’s localization and internationalization systems to enable expansion into multiple countries and continents. You will help architect, design and implement systems to automate the flow of text through GoFundMe’s online systems to support multiple languages and cultures, enabling international expansion. You will look for opportunities to create internal tooling, and increase efficiencies to accelerate the speed of this international expansion.
Your technical leadership will have a high impact on the future growth of GoFundMe, as we reach out to provide help throughout the world. Come join our amazing team inside our amazing company!
- Plan, design, and build software and systems to scale with an increasing number of users, features, business requirements, partners, and new engineers to enable and accelerate international growth
- Provide technical strategy for broad or complex requirements with insightful and forward-looking approaches that go beyond the direct team and solve large open-ended problems
- Collaborate with engineers and non-engineers within our team and across the organization
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with Translation Management Systems
- Proven track record of developing, testing, and shipping high-quality software at scale
- Enjoy leading technical architecture discussions and drive technical decisions within your team and beyond
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. If anything, you trend towards over-communication
- Mentor other engineers in a technical capacity through sharing your learnings and providing feedback that will help the team grow
- Are empathetic to the user experience and thoughtful about what we can do to make it better
- Think abstractly. You deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant professional work experience
- Ping pong or pool skills, a love for coffee, and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay, stock options and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...