Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? We do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to inspire hope and change lives through giving. We envision a world in which need everywhere is met by a rising movement of people ready to help. Our customers have raised over $9 billion for their causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
Search & Discovery is a critical component in our product experience and our strategy to increase user engagement and retention. Everyday hundreds of thousands of users come to GoFundMe to either create a campaign, make a donation or support a campaign in other ways. We want to offer our users more opportunities to find and discover relevant and engaging campaigns, causes, organizations, stories and conversations on GoFundMe.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Search & Discovery Product Manager who can help us reimagine our Search and Discovery experience. If you have experience working on Search/discovery and personalization and are excited about becoming a key player in driving GoFundMe’s consumer experience, we want to hear from you.
What you will do…
- Own and drive the Search & Discovery product roadmap for GoFundMe. Develop a deep understanding about our key user personas and funnels to inform the next set of features to build for Search & Discovery
- Continuously improve our search experience and capabilities, and measure the impact of ongoing improvements
- Partner with our data teams to develop a recommendation engine for discovery. Form hypotheses on the set of criteria that matter most for discovery and design and run experiments to prove or disprove hypotheses.
- Partner with various experience teams to build front end experiences for discovery.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (design, engineering, data and marketing) to build delightful product experiences that lead to deeper engagement and retention.
What you will bring to the role…
- The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of experience in product management in the consumer internet space
- Experience building world class Search experiences
- Experience in developing matching algorithms and recommendation engines.
- Strong analytical background and a deep understanding of consumer funnels, conversion, engagement and retention metrics .
- Experience designing, running and interpreting experiments
- Ability to collaborate well with multiple cross-functional teams, especially with functions like data science.
- Self-starter and quick learner; demonstrated independence and autonomy in a high performing work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, organization, and attention to detail
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe: