Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $10 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people. To become the trusted brand in social fundraising, we created an easy-to-use product, built a Customer Happiness team that delivers rapid support to our customers, and established the first and only donor protection guarantee in the industry: the GoFundMe Guarantee.
An industry leader, GoFundMe’s Trust & Safety department leverages a variety of technical tools to assist our talented and motivated team in protecting our customers from fraud. By protecting the opportunity to give safely online, we drive growth, strengthen our brand, and do the right thing by our customers. As a member of the Trust & Safety team, you work closely with the other functions of Customer Operations and Communications teams to protect customers and the brand. Within Trust & Safety, one part of the team focuses on account investigations and proactive misuse, while this role is more designed for handling content moderation review and policy escalations, helping ensure funds are safely delivered, and more. This is an incredibly fast-paced job where you are required to consider all options, operate at an impeccable level of consistency, and collaborate to find the right solution in your quest to keep GoFundMe safe.
We have built an extraordinary group of driven and intelligent professionals who focus on developing their skills and moving the department forward in the exciting space of social fundraising. We are looking to add talented people who will protect and strengthen our global trusted community and master new techniques and technologies to ensure GoFundMe remains the most trusted place to give online.
- Provide high-quality email and occasional phone support to customers and other stakeholders to ensure fundraiser authenticity and safe delivery of funds for beneficiaries. Specialists spend 3-4 hours in email support each day.
- Proactively vet fundraisers and interpret fundraiser content in accordance with the GoFundMe Terms of Service, in addition to staying up-to-date on the latest trends and assisting with evaluating policy. Specialists spend 2-3 hours in various review tools each day.
- Professional development. Specialists have 1-3 hours of project time each day to work on initiatives that push the team and their careers forward.
- Respond to and coordinate with law enforcement and civic leaders to assist and promote safe fundraiser creations and funds disbursements.
- Work with Compliance, Payment Risk, Legal, payment processor risk teams, and others to ensure fundraisers on GoFundMe are legitimate and donations are delivered to the correct parties.
- Field questions and vet fundraisers for the go-to-market and Communications team, collaboratively work with all of Trust & Safety, Communications, Marketing, and Customer Operations teams on a regular basis and in emergencies, and become an expert in quickly resolving complicated issues through email, phone, and messaging software.
- Identify trends, handle escalations, and ensure safe delivery of funds for beneficiaries.
- Develop a deep understanding of trust-related issues and willingness to experiment with bold, novel solutions.
- Consistently improve and enhance our internal processes and systems.
- Interpret data, analyze results, and create risk models, and bring that perspective to the team.
- Provide invaluable security feedback to our Product Team to build Trust & Safety into the GoFundMe platform.
- Exemplify T&S core values (Protect Altruism, Agreement in Action, Find a Solution Together) and embody company and team culture
- Are a consistent high-performer in metrics
- Are an effective problem solver: spots issues or efficiency gains and brings solutions forward
- Exude strong leadership skills
- Will support and implement efforts to connect with Dublin team
- Display natural ability to “think big” and take initiative
- Understand and help guide the vision of the company and team
- See every interaction as a chance to build rapport and strengthen the public perception of GoFundMe
- Are comfortable engaging with government officials and industry leaders
- Adaptable in a fast-paced work environment
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe: