Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $10 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
Data is at the center of all decisions and strategy at GoFundMe. The Data Engineer will be a key part of our growing core engineering team to help build scalable data platforms that enable business analytics, data science and machine learning, resulting in driving business growth toward a global culture of peer-to-peer giving. This role requires and expands your technical expertise in a wide variety of technologies to develop and own our enterprise data warehouse, sourcing data from various databases/web APIs and integrate data with external systems. If you are interested in working in a fast paced environment and like being challenged with fun data problems to solve, come join us in our Los Angeles or Redwood City offices.
- Develop and maintain enterprise data warehouse (in Amazon Redshift)
- Create and manage ETL data pipelines (sourcing data from databases, streaming data, various web APIs, etc.)
- Integrate data from data warehouse into 3rd party tools to make data actionable
- Develop and maintain REST API endpoints for data science products
- Provide ongoing maintenance and enhancements to existing data warehouse solutions
- Ensure data quality through automated testing
- Collaborate with analysts, engineers and business users to design solutions
- Research innovative technologies and make continuous improvements
- 0-2 years as a data engineer designing, developing and maintaining enterprise data warehouse solutions consisting of structured and unstructured data
- Proficiency with building data pipelines using ETL/data preparation tools
- Experience with web APIs and data integrations across internal and external systems
- Expertise in writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Knowledge of Python, Java or other programming languages
- Experience with Spark and Scala
- Good understanding of database architecture and best practices
- Understanding of data science and machine learning technologies a plus
- Experience with event tracking is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Ping pong skills, a love for boba tea, and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...