Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $10 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
We are searching for a Communications Associate who will generate earned media to support GoFundMe campaign organizers, and execute proactive announcements to targeted media in the United States. It’s an exciting opportunity to grow in the Communications field and help impact our GoFundMe users.
- Pitch and generate stories about GoFundMe campaigns and crowdfunding trends
- Build and maintain strong relationships with reporters in the US and successfully generate positive news on a regular basis
- Execute proactive media announcements across the country
- Develop/deploy creative earned media tactics to generate positive news as well as innovative PR plans highlighting inspiring GoFundMe campaigns
- Expand amplification efforts to make campaign organizers more successful through creative communication strategies and tactics
- Work with GoFundMe campaign organizers to help tell their stories
- Respond to reporter inquiries on an ongoing basis
- BA/BS in Journalism or Communications, or equivalent experience
- 2-3+ years of experience in a newsroom environment
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Demonstrated creativity in driving communications and maximizing media opportunities
Why you’ll love it at GoFundMe:
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe: