Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $9 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people
The Go-To-Market team in Redwood City, CA is looking for a Senior Email Marketing Manager. This person will report into our Director of Communications.
- Create a comprehensive email strategy for all GoFundMe subsidiaries to engage fundraising campaign organizers and donors via direct email marketing
- Develop and execute A/B testing for email optimization
- Develop and execute customer segmentation strategy based on profile data
- Use HTML and CSS to redesign and code out their templates from scratch
- Execute all aspects of the email deployment process from pulling email audiences, uploading content, QA, launch, and monitoring email deliveries
- Leverage data-driven decision making and a deep understanding of email best practices to analyze current email programs and optimize performance to create personalized email experiences for all GoFundMe subsidiaries
- Manage the full communication journey for new and existing users, identifying areas for automation and executing accordingly.
- Track and report back on channel performance, including maintaining a calendar, establishing performance benchmarks and KPIs, and working cross-functionally to ensure proper logging, logic, and dashboards are in place.
- Partner with Content, Marketing, and Selection teams to execute audience-centric and ROI driven initiatives, segmenting users based on profile, behavior history, and acquisition source.
- Provide email assets and templates to various global teams (thinking we will use this more of when the core program is up and running and we run localized native language email campaigns)
- Process email deployment requests, reviewing campaign details to confirm all items align with email best practices, company timelines, channel requirements, etc.
- Troubleshoot technical issues (source code, etc.) within e-mail templates.
- Identify gaps in segment and marketing strategies related to email and recommend action
- Work closely with analytics team to identify trends, performance improvements and optimization of email campaigns
- Utilize Google Analytics, Hubspot and Looker to understand email performance and recommend improvements to campaigns and triggers to achieve goals.
- Regularly report to key departments on key email KPIs and progress toward goals as well as improvements or testing being done.
- A strong desire to empower people to help people through the GoFundMe platform
- 5+ years in an email marketing role serving a B2C market with proven growth results
- Experience with Braze, Sendgrid, Mail Chimp, Zoho, or similar platform
- Previous experience in political or charity fundraising preferred
- Excellent writer, especially in short form (email copy, headlines, etc.)
- Strong quantitative skills including using basic statistical analysis to understand customer behavior
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Understands the principles of responsive HTML emails, templates and landing pages
Why you’ll love it here:
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe: