Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $9 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
The GoFundMe team is looking for a senior product designer to help shape and define the user experience of our product. As a product designer here you will get to own every step of the process—from gathering insights, brainstorming, prototyping, and experimentation to launching pixel-perfect designs. Our goal is to give users the tools they need to better fundraise online, for free. We’re a small, fast-paced team that works closely with the product and engineering teams to develop simple, innovative, and beautifully designed products.
Everyday we're making it easier for our Campaign Organizers and Donors to help make a difference in each other's lives. This is an incredible opportunity to change the way the world gives.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users through research.
- Help define the visual design strategy for the product and work with other leads to drive consensus across teams
- Create and implement user flows, and user interface specifications in collaboration with product management and engineering teams.
- Collaborate with the product team to take conceptual ideas and turn them into usable and valuable product Features
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions
- Create, maintain and evolve asset libraries for reusable, systematic design
- You are a problem solver that requires very little guidance on projects and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to take initiative, prioritize, manage workloads and meet project deadlines.
- You are an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate your ideas and vision.
- You have good aesthetic judgment and great attention to detail.
- You are self-motivated and love a challenge.
- You understand the needs of the user.
- You contribute to all stages of the design process from user research to wireframes and shipping the product.
Plus you have..
- 4+ years of experience working as a Visual/Product Designer
- Expert understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion
- Ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Knowledge of technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC suite, Sketch, Figma, and other industry-standard creative tools
- Familiar with prototyping like ProtoPie, Principle, etc
- Have experience with motion design for micro interactions
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...