Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $9 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people
GoFundMe is looking for a Senior Community Manager that will help build GoFundMe’s first digital community for campaign organizers. With this community, we want to create engaging interactions among our organizers and help them succeed in their fundraising efforts.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who has had experience building and managing a successful online community for a consumer internet company. If you love interacting with people, have a sharp sense of what gets people to engage and take an entrepreneurial approach to building out a new thriving community, we want to hear from you.
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop the overall community strategy
- Lead the design, implementation and launch of our first organizer community
- Identify topics that resonate with the organizer community and develop engaging content for these topics
- Develop strategies and initiatives to increase community member engagement
- Build a power user program that engages our most successful campaign organizers and turns them into multipliers and ambassadors in the community
- Build and oversee a small team of community specialists and moderators and grow this team over time as we expand the scope of the community
- Participate in the evaluation of community software platforms and contribute to the selection process. Work with the product and engineering teams on platform customizations and integrations.
- Create and implement moderation policies and procedures and ensure community members adhere to those standards
- Identify, drive and track relevant metrics of success. Report on community metrics, customer experience and community engagement to GoFundMe leadership.
- You have 5+ years of experience building, scaling and managing an online community for a leading consumer internet company
- You are familiar with the community tools, processes, and systems requirements needed to build, design and standup a thriving community
- You have built and led a small to medium-sized community management team
- You have exceptional interpersonal communication skills and a passion for helping people; an ability to build and maintain relationships - and foster relationships among others
- You have a data-driven mindset. You obsessively track metrics and are always thinking about how you can test, learn and optimize
- You have a keen sense of how to drive quality conversations and engagement, whether through outreach efforts, content or other means
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and can use both creativity and scrappiness to build new initiatives from the ground up
- You collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to ensure the community meets business goals and user needs.
Why you’ll love it at GoFundMe:
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe: