Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! With over $9 billion raised from more than 120 million donations, GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
We are looking for a talented attorney with a strong transactional background to join our legal team. As Corporate Counsel, you will be responsible for handling a wide range of legal issues including but not limited to contracts, data privacy (GDPR / CCPA and other privacy law), data security, product support, copyright, trademark, litigation, employment, real estate, and other corporate initiatives. We are looking for someone who is motivated by our purpose, and is a creative, flexible, business-minded problem-solver who isn’t afraid to break new ground.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of agreements. Develop, improve, and maintain templates, corporate policies, and processes.
- Assist with worldwide legal compliance relating to data privacy and GDPR (including negotiation of data processing addendums), and provide counsel with respect to evolving domestic and international data privacy laws
- Work cross-functionally to identify risks and provide strategic, practical and creative legal and business advice
- Consult on employment and real estate matters.
- Advise on projects as needed, including general corporate, regulatory, IP, and risk management issues
- Manage GoFundMe’s subpoena process and litigation
- A JD from a top law school and are a member of the California Bar
- 7-10 years of relevant experience, including in-house and law firm experience
- Experience structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts
- M&A experience including performing due diligence, drafting and negotiating agreements and coordinating on behalf of cross-functional deal teams
- International experience is a plus.
- Ability to provide quick, concise, and practical legal advice consistent with GoFundMe’s business objectives
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, act decisively and run projects autonomously
- Good judgment, strong ethics, kind heart
- Confident self-starter and proven ability to work cross-functionally with business partners
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay calm under challenging circumstances
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
- A passion for GoFundMe’s mission while being a genuine GoFundMe ambassador who amplifies the Company culture in all communications and interactions
Why we think you’ll love it here:
- A truly unique company that is actually changing the world. Your work has real purpose and will change lives.
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- We're a fun, interactive team with a work hard, play hard mentality.
- Our GivesBack program allows employees to nominate campaigns weekly to receive substantial donations.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.