Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! With over $9 billion raised in donations and more than 150 million donors, GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Senior Machine Learning Software Engineer to join our small team of very talented engineers in Redwood City, CA. We have a lot of ideas and hypotheses we'd love to explore as we understand the world of social fundraising. If conducting data research in a new field while making business impact excites you, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
What you’ll be doing day to day…
- Build and improve on machine learning systems to solve exciting problems that engage and improve experience for GoFundMe campaign organizers, prospective donors and supporters.
- Conduct research to identify and build features that help predict user actions such as donating, starting a GoFundMe campaign and sharing / supporting campaigns
- Design and implement state of the art machine learning algorithms in distributed machine learning frameworks
- Participate and, in many cases, drive strategy discussions around the impact of data assets and algorithms on core company metrics
- Work with and mentors other engineers to deliver scalable and high-performance ML solutions for different products.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with a quick cadence of research, experimentation, and product launches
- Collaborate with GoFundMe cross functional teams (Product, Design, Data, etc.) to bring your findings to life
- Build efficient systems to prepare large amounts of data; be proficient with distributed programming frameworks such as Hadoop/Spark
You bring to the role...
- PhD or MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of experience building and tech-leading end-to-end machine learning products, from data gathering, to model training and tuning, to deploying to production and monitoring its performance
- Outstanding expertise in wrangling, processing, and analyzing big data using Apache Spark or similar technology
- Experience with information retrieval and is comfortable experimenting with and incorporating cutting-edge techniques into our existing system
- Demonstrated ability to write an end-to-end pipeline code that is modular, scalable, and easy for team members to build upon
- Relevant industry experience to work with data and backend engineers to either build first-party and/or buy third-party tools to scale Machine Learning efforts in machine learning and information retrieval
- Ping pong skills, an appreciation for boba tea, and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives at a global scale.
- Our people consistently vote GoFundMe a Great Place to Work®.
- You can nominate your favorite GoFundMes to receive a donation from the company.
- Great perks like lunch, snacks, wellness, company/team activities, and full benefits.
- The company is strong and growing with incredible opportunities ahead.
- We're a fun, close team of people who care about their work and impact.
More about GoFundMe...
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $9 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.