Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started. With over $9 billion raised from more than 120 million donations, GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
Data is at the center of all decisions and strategy at GoFundMe. The Data Engineer will be a key part of our growing platform engineering team to help build scalable data platforms that enable business analytics, data science and data products, resulting in driving business growth toward a global culture of peer-to-peer giving. This role requires technical expertise in a wide variety of technologies to develop and own our enterprise data warehouse, sourcing data from various databases/web APIs and integrate data with external systems. If you are interested in working in a fast paced environment and like being challenged with fun data problems to solve, come join us in our Los Angeles or San Diego offices.
What you’ll be doing day to day...
- Develop and maintain enterprise data warehouse (in Amazon Redshift)
- Create and manage ETL data pipelines (sourcing data from databases, streaming data, various web APIs, etc.)
- Integrate data from data warehouse into 3rd party tools to make data actionable
- Develop and maintain REST API endpoints for data science products
- Provide ongoing maintenance and enhancements to existing data warehouse solutions
- Ensure data quality through automated testing
- Collaborate with analysts, engineers and business users to design solutions
- Research innovative technologies and make continuous improvements
What you bring to the role...
- 3+ years as a data engineer designing, developing and maintaining enterprise data warehouse solutions consisting of structured and unstructured data
- Proficiency with building data pipelines using ETL/data preparation tools
- Experience with web APIs and data integrations across internal and external systems
- Expertise in writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Knowledge of Python, Java, C++ or other scripting languages
- Experience with Spark and Scala
- Good understanding of database architecture and best practices
- Understanding of data science and machine learning technologies a plus
- Experience with event tracking is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Ping pong skills, a love for boba tea, and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives at a global scale.
- Our people consistently vote GoFundMe a Great Place to Work®.
- You can nominate your favorite GoFundMes to receive a donation from the company.
- Great perks like lunch, snacks, wellness, company/team activities, and full benefits.
- The company is strong and growing with incredible opportunities ahead.
- We're a fun, close team of people who care about their work and impact.
More about GoFundMe...
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $9 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.