GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and we’re changing the way the world gives.
Every day, friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. GoFundMe users have raised over £8 billion for a huge range of campaigns.
If you love news, the internet and changing lives, GoFundMe is the place for you. We help our community generate a huge volume of national and regional press coverage every day.
We are searching for a Communications Associate who will generate coverage and content to support GoFundMe campaign organisers. We’re looking for an ambitious, smart communicator who likes a challenge and thrives in a busy environment where execution is everything.
- Reporting to the Senior Regional Manager for Northern Europe you will be on the front line of helping GoFundMe campaign organisers make their campaigns as big as they can be
- Build and maintain strong relationships with reporters in the UK and successfully generate positive news on a regular basis by pitching a wide range of GoFundMe campaigns to the broadcast, print and digital media
- Expand amplification efforts to make campaign organisers more successful through creative communication strategies and tactics
- Work directly with GoFundMe campaign organisers to help tell their stories
- Respond to reporter inquiries on an ongoing basis
- Drive forward our social media presence via a range of channels
- Will be based out of our London office in Spitalfields but currently work from home
- BA/BSc or equivalent experience
- Experience in a busy communications environment e.g newsroom, political organisation/campaign group or technology company
- Write and communicate exceptionally
- Demonstrated creativity in driving communications and maximising media opportunities
- Experience or knowledge of email marketing, SEO and social media
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really.
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work-hard, play-hard mentality.
- Our GivesBack program allows employees to nominate a campaign of their choice every week to receive a substantial donation
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits, and issue bonuses.
- We also have opportunities for travel to our US base and other European offices
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
- Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Learn more about GoFundMe:
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.