GoFundMe is the most popular social fundraising site in the world. Over $9 Billion has been raised by our users for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a Top 200 Website in the USA based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100M people. GoFundMe is a brand that people trust, known for its ease-of-use, real results, rapid customer service response times, and the first and only fraud protection guarantee for social giving: the GoFundMe Guarantee.
Trust is an integral part of GoFundMe's business. It drives growth, builds and nurtures our brand, and ensures that we always do the right thing by our customers. The Risk & Compliance team is at the front line of GoFundMe’s efforts to protect donors, campaign organizers, beneficiaries, and our company from financial crimes and abuse. As a member of the Risk & Compliance team, you will be responsible for reviewing donor transactions, handling payment disputes, analyzing campaigns for fraud and money laundering schemes, and enforcing compliance with relevant laws and regulations. This is an incredibly rewarding job where you are required to operate at an impeccable level of consistency while mastering new techniques and technologies to ensure GoFundMe remains the most trusted place to give online.
- Conduct customer due diligence and investigations into accounts and payers, analyzing each instance of suspicious activity with an array of research techniques and analytical tools.
- Produce records for partners, and internal recordkeeping.
- Audit interactions, reviews, and flows across all departments to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure that GoFundMe remains compliant with applicable regulations.
- Contribute to tailored compliance training initiatives for all company roles.
- Work with our Trust & Safety, Marketing, Communications, and Happiness teams to ensure appropriate and accurate dissemination of public knowledge related to campaigns.
- Offer guidance on any relevant escalated customer support ticket, or account review.
- Iterate on company policy to drive a culture of compliance, support localization efforts, and constantly refine process.
- Skilled investigator - Do you have a background in risk management, compliance, project management, or financial institutions? Were you a private investigator or investigative journalist in another life? Do you spend your free time debunking urban legends and fact-checking?
- Analytical - Can you spot patterns, investigate anomalies, and communicate your findings to fellow team members?
- Talented communicator - Do your sentences seamlessly transition from one idea to the next? Can you type really fast with few to no mistakes? Are phone calls a breeze?
- Hustle - Do you thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment, with a company’s brand or a person’s livelihood on the line?
- Tech-savvy - Do you have experience in e-commerce, fraud/risk investigations, or data management? Is your CTRL or CMD button worn down? Do you know how to identify and report malicious links and files?
- Grit - We deal with delicate situations and real-life tragedies. Are you tough enough to bounce back? Do you have a thick skin?
- Empathizer - Do you genuinely care about people and want to help them? Do you believe that most people are fundamentally good and deserve to be protected from bad actors?
- Team player - Can your colleagues rely on you to provide your best work and can you make sure they're doing the same?
- Attention to detil - Did you notice I spelled "detail" wrong?
- Resourceful innovator - Are you able to push boundaries, see through barriers, and discover creative solutions with little guidance
- Organized - Are you able to effectively organize and prioritize your day?
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really.
- We're happy to pay for superb talent and offer full benefits
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work-hard, play-hard mentality.
- Our GivesBack program lets each employee nominate campaigns every week to receive up to $1,000 from GoFundMe.
- We have a fully stocked kitchen and "MegaFridge".
Please note: This is a full-time, onsite job at our San Diego office. No telecommuting.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.