Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! GoFundMe is the world’s largest social fundraising platform. Our community has raised over $9 BILLION, and donated more than 120 million times, to help people, causes, and organizations in need.
Are you looking for a rare opportunity where you can leverage your skills, continue to grow, and work with an industry-leading tech company, all while making a larger impact and helping people? We’ve got the opportunity for you!
We’re searching for a Senior Communications Manager to join our team, who will develop and execute proactive media strategies, and increase awareness around the GoFundMe brand as we continue to grow.
- Amplify the GoFundMe brand with creative communications strategies and tactics
- Lead and execute PR plans and clear messaging related to our product features, launches, initiatives and company news
- Develop and pitch feature stories about GoFundMe to consumer, tech, business, and trade media outlets
- Work closely with the leadership team and cross-functional stakeholders
- Media train and coach company spokespeople for interviews and speaking opportunities
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with journalists, partners, third-parties and influencers
- Lead policy communications and strategy, collaborating with cross-functional teams and leadership to develop both reactive and proactive statements around current policies, crises and issues
- Develop PR plan to grow awareness of the brand, including GoFundMe Charity and diversity of categories on GoFundMe
- Interact with the GoFundMe community to storymine and pitch positive human-interest stories and trends to media
- Desire to see your work have a direct, and positive, impact on people, organizations and causes
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of PR/Communications
- Experience across strategic, product, crisis, consumer and policy communications
- Proven track record in creating executive communication strategies and messaging, identifying, and securing thought leadership and speaking opportunities
- Strong, clear written and verbal communicator, with the ability to tailor messages for different audiences
- Excellent project management experience, with the ability to lead and execute multiple time-sensitive projects
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Established media relationships and a solid understanding of media landscape
- On the record experience
- Enthusiastic team player who works well with internal cross-functional and external partners, as well as the ability to engage with senior executives and leadership teams
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to quickly identify trending topics and issues with a defined point of view
- A plus to have both agency and in-house experience, as well as international experience
- Tech, charity and/or B2B experience preferred
Why you’ll love it here...
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives. Really.
- We're a fun, interactive team with a work hard, play hard mentality.
- Our GivesBack program allows employees to nominate campaigns weekly to receive substantial donations.
- We take ping-pong very, very seriously
- Healthy lunches are catered daily, along with well-stocked snacks and drinks!
- We're growing fast, and celebrate productive accomplishment
More about GoFundMe...
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day, friends, family and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $9 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
Now more than ever, there is a GoFundMe attached to every news moment, and every media cycle. GoFundMe has become synonymous with giving and helping others in times of need. Rather than passively scrolling feeds and being bombarded with overwhelming news, people are seeking ways to engage with the news and pop culture. They want to do something. GoFundMe has become the internet’s “take action” button.
And this is just the beginning. We’ve recently launched GoFundMe Charity, which brings social fundraising to nonprofits of all sizes with free enterprise-level solutions. Our vision is to become the Giving Layer of the Internet. Regardless of if you’re an individual, a team, a non profit, a corporation or an organization, we are here to provide a faster, easier and more efficient way to raise money to help people and causes.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.