Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! With over $9 billion raised from more than 120 million donations, GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Full-stack /Back-end Software Engineer to join our small team of very talented engineers. We have a lot of really great features in the pipeline and we need some help getting it all done!.
GoFundMe is looking for a passionate, collaborative, full stack focused engineer to join our growing core engineering team in beautiful Redwood City, CA.
What you’ll be doing day to day…
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across GoFundMe.
- Optimize data retrieval and aggregation using event systems, queues, and workers.
- Hands-on maintenance and ownership of services on AWS.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work closely with team of engineers as well as product managers, QA and designers.
- Tackling interesting and challenging problems at scale.
What you bring to the role…
- 5+ years of technical experience and expertise in relevant technologies.
- We work in languages like Python, PHP, Typescript; frameworks like Django and Laravel; and databases like MySQL and Redis. Mastery in some of these languages and technologies are desired. However, what we care about most is your general software engineering skills, work-ethic, and enthusiasm to learn.
- Enjoy and have experience building APIs and working across a wide range of technologies and systems.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Can tune SQL queries and know how to use CS fundamentals when helpful.
- Strong abilities to write clear, testable, maintainable code.
- Take pride in your work and enjoy working with others.
- Seek to improve engineering standards, processes, and culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field OR relevant equivalent technical experience.
- Ping pong skills, a love for boba tea, and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives at a global scale.
- Our people consistently vote GoFundMe a Great Place to Work®.
- You can nominate your favorite GoFundMes to receive a donation from the company.
- Great perks like lunch, snacks, wellness, company/team activities, and full benefits.
- The company is strong and growing with incredible opportunities ahead.
- We're a fun, close team of people who care about their work and impact.
More about GoFundMe...
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $9 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.