Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! With over $9 billion raised from more than 120 million donations, GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Full-stack Software Engineer to join our small team of very talented engineers. We have a lot of really great features in the pipeline and we need some help getting it all done!.
GoFundMe is looking for a passionate, collaborative, full stack focused engineer to join our growing core engineering team in beautiful Redwood City, CA.
- Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of features across the full stack—including deployment and configuration management.
- Excellent problem solving, coding, and debugging skills.
- A team-player who can collaborate with both non-technical and technical people, including other developers , QA engineers, Product Managers, Product Designers, and other teams.
- Development in company RESTful APIs.
- Creating single page apps and/or standalone modules within existing company framework.
- Code documentation.
- Participate in developers code reviews.
- 2+ years of full-time experience as a generalist skill set, able to work comfortably on frontend or backend in modern web application development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field OR relevant equivalent technical experience.
- Experience writing maintainable, well tested, reliable code.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum Methodologies.
- 1+ years of React/Redux, Express, Node (or similar) experience.
- Experience building and maintaining unit and integration tests (Jest, Enzyme and Cypress).
- Experience designing, building APIs or rewriting old ones using REST Good knowledge of AJAX, JSON, XML, REST and associated frameworks.
- 1 or more years PHP (Lumen), Python (Flask) or similar for backend web services Experience with Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) and proficient in writing SQL queries using MySQL.
- Ping pong skills and a sense of humor.
Additional Talents Appreciated
- Competent in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Ability to solve complex problems by breaking them up into simpler discrete problems and implement them across multiple services.
- Exercise a deep understanding of design patterns, and when to apply them.
- Experience designing and building microservices.
- Understanding of Web security.
- Experience in DevOps with AWS, Terraform, Ansible and Docker.
- Successful in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really!
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work-hard, play hard mentality.
- Our Gives Back program allots each employee $1,000 per month to donate to the campaign of their choice.
- We take ping-pong very, very seriously.
- We have a fully stocked kitchen and "MegaFridge".
- We're happy to pay for superb talent and offer full benefits.
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
More about GoFundMe
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $9 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.