Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
GoFundMe is the most popular personal fundraising site in the world. Over $6 billion has been raised by our users for their personal causes - making GoFundMe a Top 200 Website in the USA based on traffic with a monthly audience of over 100M people.
Want to lend your skills to an amazing team, working towards making real-world impact? GoFundMe is searching for a Payroll Operations Manager to join our team based in Redwood City. This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
- Lead/own the payroll function
- Design and implement effective payroll policies, procedures and controls
- Execute the bi-weekly and semi-monthly domestic as well as monthly international payroll cycles for exempt and non-exempt employees by processing all compensation, including salaries, benefits, and reimbursements
- Ensure that all non-exempt employee timesheets are approved by supervisors in a timely fashion, and that timesheet data is processed accurately, including calculation of shift differentials and overtime pay.
- Process new hires, transfers, terminations, status changes, LOA’s, tax changes, deductions, direct deposits, rate changes, retroactive adjustments and special pays
- Coordinate between third party vendors to process all deductions, including garnishments, flexible spending plans, retirement plans, and benefits contributions
- Global travel and expense reporting and reimbursement – tracking adherence to policy and processing travel and expense payments
- Perform monthly payroll close duties, including the preparation of period-end accruals, and reconciling the payroll and benefit-related accounts
- Provide prompt, courteous, and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their pay, deductions, or the payroll process
- Partnering with Accounting team on monthly close, accruals, bonuses and other
- Partnering with Human Resources on all matters involving employees compensation, benefits and disability payments to ensure:Proper taxation of employer paid benefits, including stock based compensation and 401(k) contributions and funding
- Timely and accurate updating of payroll records for new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations, changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements
- 7+ years payroll and accounting experience with multi-state requirements and international subsidiaries
- Strong working knowledge of general payroll protocols, accounting principles and Federal, State and local regulations.
- Familiarity with Paylocity, Netsuite and Expensify
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred
- Know when to use discretion -- you can manage sensitive information in a confidential manner
- A clear, approachable, and friendly communication style and customer service attitude
- Experience administering and implementing benefits, payroll, and HRIS systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – able to work effectively with executives and staff and manage external service providers
- Highly organized, analytical and detail oriented
Why you'll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really.
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work hard, play hard mentality.
- Our Gives Back program allots each employee $1,000 per month to donate to the campaign of their choice.
- We have a fully stocked kitchen and "MegaFridge".
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue bonuses.
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
More about GoFundMe...
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $5 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.