GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. GoFundMe is the most popular personal fundraising site in the world. Over $5 billion has been raised by our users for their personal causes - making GoFundMe a Top 200 Website in the USA based on traffic with a monthly audience of over 100M people.
More than ever, it is an exciting time to join our team. In early 2017, CrowdRise was acquired by GoFundMe The joining of CrowdRise with GoFundMe means more growth, more opportunity, and more money raised for the causes that matter to people most.
GoFundMe is looking to build out our engineering team in our amazing CrowdRise downtown Ls Angeles office. We are searching for a passionate talented back-end software engineer who’s interested in changing the lives of millions of people for the better, amazing personal and professional growth, and having a real impact on our products and users!
- Development in company RESTful API in various PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symfony, ZF2)
- Creating single page apps and/or standalone modules within company existing framework using CodeIgniter
- Working in an assigned team with other developers and QA engineers
- Code documentation
- Participating in developers code reviews
- Refactoring legacy code
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- Experience with TDD workflow and unit testing
- Experience with ORM such as Doctrine, and raw SQL queries using MySQL
- Knowledge of Responsive development using HTML, CSS, SCSS
- Experience building frontend applications using AJAX with backend support
- Strong abilities to identify and troubleshoot bugs
- Ping pong skills and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really!
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work-hard, play hard mentality
- We take ping-pong very, very seriously
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue performance bonuses
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead
More about GoFundMe
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $5 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others. "
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.