The Customer Happiness Team is composed of four distinct functions - Support, VIP, Operations, and Learning & Development - all working side-by-side to deliver an exceptional customer support experience. This role will be solely focused on improving and evolving the Support function while also working closely with the other three functions to improve our overall customer experience.
The Customer Happiness Manager will report to the Head of Customer Happiness and oversee the day-to-day operations of GoFundMe’s Customer Happiness team through the direct management of front-line support managers at our support hub in San Diego, California. In addition to overseeing day-to-day operations, this role will also ensure that we are scaling our team to support a growing customer base and an ever-changing product experience.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to quickly see areas for improvement within existing workflows, and experience in navigating a range of business intelligence tools to identify trends in team performance.
The Customer Happiness Manager will also work closely with the Operations and Product Development teams to identify key areas of improvement across the GoFundMe product in order to reduce customer friction and increase customer loyalty.
- Direct management and development of Customer Happiness Leads (GoFundMe’s front-line support managers)
- Weekly and monthly review of key business and team performance metrics to identify trends and track progress towards overall goals.
- Curation and organization of content for monthly team meetings.
- Collaborate with Operations to advocate internally for product and service improvements.
- Plan and execute on a multi-channel support strategy with a focus on self-service and a low-effort customer experience.
- Scale team based upon business growth, attrition, and support volume forecasts.
- Manage peripheral budget for Customer Happiness support team.
- 4+ years of experience in customer support role.
- 3+ years of managerial experience.
- Team player with a desire to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast- paced environment.
- Detail oriented, self‐starter with proven track record of execution and results.
- Full G-Suite knowledge and Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Zendesk and Looker is preferred but not required.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really.
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work hard, play hard mentality.
- Our GivesBack program allows employees to nominate a campaign of their choice every week to receive a substantial donation.
- We have a fully stocked kitchen and "MegaFridge".
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue bonuses.
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.