Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world?
Well, we do! With over $5 billion raised in donations and more than 60 million donors, GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started. We are searching for a Quality Assurance Engineer to work on GoFundMe’s upcoming enterprise product!
- Work with the product and development teams on product requirements, test plans
and test cases to deliver high-quality software
- Responsible for Black box testing initially, which may expand to include White box testing in the future
- Perform Web/Mobile Web, API, Mobile Native App and Database related verification
- Execute automation tests for Web, API, Mobile Native Apps
- 3+ years of creating test plans, test cases, writing bug reports as well as verifying bugs
- 3+ years hands-on experience with software testing
- 3+ years of checking server logs and checking automation test failures
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver / Appium
- Experience with testing REST based services
- Solid knowledge of Software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Agile software development life cycle
- Strong attention to detail
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Why you’ll love it here…
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really.
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work-hard, play-hard mentality.
- Our GivesBack program allows employees to nominate a campaign of their choice every
week to receive a substantial donation.
- We have a fully stocked kitchen and “MegaFridge.”
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits, and issue bonuses.
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
Please note: This is a full-time, onsite job at our San Diego office. No telecommuting.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
● Check out the site: https://www.gofundme.com/
● Meet the team: https://www.gofundme.com/team
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.