Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and we're just getting started.
Over $5 billion has been raised by our users for their personal causes - making GoFundMe a Top 200 Website in the USA based on traffic with monthly audience of over 100M people.
We are searching for a Communications Associate with superior news judgement to find campaigns and help campaign organizers raise money through the news. It’s an exciting opportunity to grow in the Communications field and help impact our GoFundMe users.
- Find and discover compelling and newsworthy stories on GoFundMe
- Monitor live news feeds, social platforms, and digital sources to assemble the most engaging GoFundMe campaigns
- Research and review hundreds of stories per month
- Coordinate amplification efforts to determine the best channel to highlight inspiring GoFundMe stories
- Research compelling trends on the platform and build the content strategy
- Expand amplification efforts to make campaign organizers more successful through creative communication strategies and tactics
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in journalism
- 3-5+ years experience
- Demonstrated experience in a newsroom
- Strong news & editorial judgement
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, working across digital platforms
- Comfortable shifting priorities quickly and executing on short notice
- Write and communicate clearly
- Extraordinary attention to detail and adapt quickly to change
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives. Really.
- We're a fun, interactive team with a work hard, play hard mentality.
- Our GivesBack program allows employees to nominate campaigns weekly to receive substantial donations.
- Healthy lunches are catered daily, along with well-stocked snacks and drinks!
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits, and issue bonuses.
- We're growing fast, and celebrate productive accomplishment!
More about GoFundMe
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaign organizers have raised over $5 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.