GoFundMe is the most popular personal fundraising site in the world. Over $5 billion has been raised by our users for their personal causes - making GoFundMe a Top 200 Website in the USA based on traffic with a monthly audience of over 100M people. GoFundMe is a brand that people trust - known for its ease-of-use, real results and customer service. In 2017, GoFundMe acquired CrowdRise (now CrowdRise by GoFundMe). CrowdRise by GoFundMe is the the most powerful charitable fundraising platform for nonprofits, events and companies in the country.
The Contests and Sweepstakes Specialist plays a key part in administering all the contests and sweepstakes for CrowdRise customers as well as creating a memorable experience for corporate partners, prize providers, and winners/entrants alike.
- Monitoring incoming contests and sweepstakes requests in Asana
- Ensuring that all other CrowdRise teams (sales, Customer Support, Senior Success) continue to be up to date on the details of contests and sweepstakes
- Writing rules for contests and sweepstakes, reviewing rules written by other members of the team, double checking formatting of rules to ensure
everything is correct before taking any contests/sweepstakes live
- Tracking and monitoring the progress of live contests or sweepstakes
- Determine potential winners for each contest or sweepstakes according to the outlined specifics in the Official Rules, methods of entry and overall process
- Effectively communicate with charities, corporate partners, prize providers, and entrants/winners - all while providing amazing customer support
- Assisting with prize fulfillment for some celebrity contests/sweepstakes
- Demonstrating exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to follow a process flawlessly without missing a step
- Clear written communication - comfortable communicating internally & externally
- Being resourceful in doing research and solving problems
- Having an eye for ways to improve systems, database and record-keeping
More about the Job...
- Prioritizing work based on changes in urgency
- Timely completion of tasks - each contests/sweepstakes has a specific end date and time when certain tasks must be completed and delivered to the partner
- Assist with training current and new team members (as well as ongoing training for the other teams that interact with the Contests & Sweepstakes team)
- Attending all Contests & Sweepstakes Team meetings
- Staying up to date on all contests and sweepstakes processes through communication with the Contests & Sweepstakes team, Head of Services, and weekly escalation conversations with the GoFundMe legal team
- Pivoting when new processes are rolled out (based on internal decisions or changes in the overall legalities surrounding contests and sweepstakes)
Why you'll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives every day
- GoFundMe is a community of fun people you'll likely enjoy being around
- GoFundMe employees have the chance to give back to campaigns of their choice every month
More about GoFundMe
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaign organizers have raised over $5 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.