Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
Want to lend your skills to an amazing team, working towards making a real-world impact? GoFundMe is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our accounting team. This position reports to the Accounting Manager, and will be responsible for our general accounting functions, consolidations, reporting, audit and statutory support and accounts payable.
- General Ledger - Lead month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries, accruals and month-end account reconciliation, including bank and credit card accounts and ensure proper month-end cutoff.
- Consolidations - Manage global consolidation for domestic and international entities including review of international close package prepared by offshore team
- Reporting and account analysis - Assist with balance sheet and P&L flux analyses and research discrepancies, and assist in the preparation of month end financial package.
- Audit and statutory support - Prepare supporting schedules for financial reviews and annual audit.
- Lead in managing and coordinating international accounting teams and operations.
- Participate, lead and/or manage accounting projects and other process improvements for the accounting department.
- Prepare procedure documentations.
- Serve as a resource for other department team members.
- CPA preferred; Experience at a Big Four Firm a plus.
- 4+ years corporate accounting experience, preferably at publicly traded company.
- Strong experience and knowledge in U.S. GAAP and SOX compliance.
- Experience with an ERP system and experience with NetSuite a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented and able to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really.
- We're a small, fun team of people you'll likely enjoy being around.
- Our Gives Back program allows employees to nominate a campaign each week to receive a donation up to $1,000.
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue bonuses.
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
More about GoFundMe
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaign organizers have raised over $5 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.