GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our organizers have raised over $5 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe is looking for a highly motivated and creative self-starter to join our marketing team, as a Content Manager. You will be responsible for ideating, developing, improving and maintaining our global site and blog content with the goal of increasing organic traffic, improving engagement and conversion, and strengthening our user NPS. Our ideal candidate will have strong writing and editing skills, extreme attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects effectively, and perform well under deadlines. Huge bonus if you have a strong background in SEO.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make an immediate and meaningful impact on a fast growing, disruptive company while changing the world. This position full-time and based in Redwood City, CA.
- Partner with the Growth and Product Marketing teams to assess and align on content production needs (for example across regions, keyword themes, and user journeys)
- Own and maintain a quarterly content calendar based on business goals, keyword research (supported by our SEO Analysts), and a clear understanding of content gaps and user intent.
- Assign writing projects to freelancers and full-time staff; see that they're executed in a timely manner, adhere to our editorial standards, and follow SEO best practices.
- Proofread, restructure, and edit articles by content writers. Mentor junior writers, give feedback in a constructive way in order for them to grow.
- Get in the trenches and contribute to overall content creation.
- Provide weekly reports to the CMO and Head of Growth on key metrics including search traffic growth, engagement, and conversion rates. Highlight data-driven insights or hypothesis and communicate how the content team will act on those insights.
- 5+ years of editorial experience
- Pro-level grammar and proofreading skills
- Strong SEO knowledge (keyword research, best practices, optimization strategies) to inform ideating, assigning and editing processes;
- Action and goal oriented with high sense of urgency
- Exemplary project management and coaching skills
- Hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic
- Curiosity to keep learning about industry trends
- Familiar with Wordpress, Google Analytics, or similar.
Why you'll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives.
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work-hard, play hard mentality
- Our Gives Back program allows employees to nominate campaigns to receive a donation of up to $1,000 every week
- We have a fully stocked kitchen, lunch provided daily, and a "MegaFridge".
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue performance bonuses
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead