Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! With over $5 billion raised in donations and more than 50 million donors, GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
Our Corporate Revenue Accountant reports to the Manager of Technical Revenue Accounting and will assist in overseeing our monthly close, grow and scale our revenue recognition process, and liaise between cross-functional groups in order to ensure strong partnerships across finance and other teams. You will have the opportunity to provide value through financial analysis and modeling and directly impact our automation initiatives.
- Manage the month-end and quarter-end close activities including preparation of reconciliations
- Assist in the design, scaling, and continued automation of revenue accounting, including revenue recognition, deferred revenue, accounts receivable, and contra-revenue.
- Investigate, prepare financial analysis and modeling, and present findings and recommendations related to material financial statement captions
- Support cross-functional teams (tax, sales, legal, marketing, product, data, etc) in development of standard operating procedures as they impact the revenue process and top line results
- Assist with global audits and monthly and quarterly reporting by preparing supporting analyses and audit schedules
- Assist with new system implementations and integrations including preparing use cases and user testing
- 2-4 years’ experience with a Big 4 accounting firm with demonstrated high performance, industry experience at a top tier internet company is a plus.
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a closely related discipline
- CPA/CA certification, or in progress
- Breadth of experience in US GAAP and revenue recognition guidance
- Basic experience researching, documenting, and communicating technical accounting matters
- Expert Excel knowledge is required (record sets >1M rows). Basic Database and SQL knowledge or ability to learn is required
- Excellent problem-solving skills and experience analyzing high volume, multi-currency transactions in a global business environment
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills - ability to work with a diverse team and impart change across functional and business boundaries
- Enjoys a fast-paced ever-changing environment where contributions make an immediate difference
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really.
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work hard, play hard mentality.
- Our Gives Back program allots employees $1,000 per month to donate to the campaign of their choice.
- We have a fully stocked kitchen and "MegaFridge".
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue bonuses.
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
More about GoFundMe
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaign organizers have raised over $5 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.