Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
GoFundMe is the most popular personal fundraising site in the world. Over $5 billion has been raised by our users for their personal causes - making GoFundMe a Top 200 Website in the USA based on traffic with a monthly audience of over 100M people.
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Security Engineer. The Cloud Security Engineer is responsible for analyzing the security of web applications and services, discovering and correcting security issues, and quickly reacting to new threats. The successful Cloud Security Engineer has hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ideally ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between. The Cloud Security Engineer is expected to constantly improve the security posture of our fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in many domains of endpoint security and is willing to teach (and learn from) anyone at the company. The Cloud Security Engineer works closely with development teams, relevant functional operations teams, network engineers, database administrators, technology vendors and partners to ensure the highest level of security.
- Work with cross-functional teams to incrementally improve systems, network and application security.
- Conduct regular infrastructure audits, vulnerability assessments, penetrations tests.
- Participate in security initiatives from brainstorming sessions to implementation.
- Maintain, update and create policies and implement procedures and technologies to achieve and maintain PCI compliance.
- Participate in post-mortem investigation of security incidents and prepare incident reports documenting the findings.
- Proactively review, recommend, and implement changes to the live infrastructure after ensuring the right validation has been carried out.
- Keeping informed of emerging solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Complete Security Tasks as assigned.
- Perform 24/7 on-call duties.
- 3+ years of experience in securing cloud infrastructures in AWS
- Experience with PCI or HIPAA compliance in an E-Commerce environment
- Experience in a 24/7 high-traffic SaaS environments
- Experience in information security including experience with security principles and techniques
- Knowledge of vulnerability assessment, scanning and pen testing tools
- Strong working knowledge of Linux
- 3+ years of experience in networking technologies including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN, VPN, LDAP/Radius, wireless networking, routing, switching, firewalls, IPv4/v6, and administration of routers and switches
- Knowledge of IDS/IPS, HIDS/HIPS, FIM, SIEM, Web Application Firewalls
- Knowledge of native AWS services and tools.
- Knowledge in firewall configuration, management, and hardening
- Experience in cyber threat and vulnerability analysis and remediation
- Experience with software application best practices (e.g. OWASP, CWE/SANS)
- Familiarity with CI/CD platforms, Version Control Systems
- Knowledge of monitoring systems
- Scripting skills (Bash, Python, and Ruby preferred)
- Software development experience (Java, PHP, and Python preferred)
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems Security, or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have a desire to delight customers.
- You work well with other team members.
- You appreciate the importance of systems change management.
- You are a systematic problem solver, with the ability to think outside the box.
- You are able to function at a high level in critical situations.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really.
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work-hard, play-hard mentality.
- Our Gives Back program allots employees $1,000 per month to donate to the campaign of their choice.
- We have a fully stocked kitchen and "MegaFridge".
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue bonuses.
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
More about GoFundMe
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaign organizers have raised over $5 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.