Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
GoFundMe is the most popular personal fundraising site in the world. Over $5 Billion has been raised by our users for their personal causes - making GoFundMe a Top 200 Website in the USA based on traffic with monthly audience of over 100M people. GoFundMe is a brand that people trust - known for its ease-of-use, real results and excellent customer service.
In the US, GoFundMe is synonymous with people-powered fundraising campaigns for personal causes - in the UK, we’re just getting going and already tens of thousands of campaigns are started every year with millions being raised for some of the most urgent causes in the country.
In 2017 we put our first team into the UK - a head of communications and a head of digital. Now we’re looking for an exceptional communications manager to join them in serving our users and continue to build GoFundMe’s brand and impact in the UK.
Over the past twelve months that small team powered some of the biggest fundraising stories around - from Gina Miller’s Best for Britain campaign and the Mayor of London backed campaign to help rough sleepers in london to the viral sensation that was the World’s Worst Tinder Date and tens of thousands of others.
In all, more than 3.5 million donations were made on GoFundMe in the UK in 2017 for campaigns large and small, raising tens of millions of pounds.
- Work closely with the head of UK comms and UK head of digital to devise, develop and execute a high impact, multi channel communications strategy which grows awareness levels, new campaigns and overall revenue.
- Support the Head of Digital in managing daily list of live campaigns with a particular focus on raising their profile via press and social media.
- Working with a strong network of journalists to secure outstanding media coverage for campaigns on GFM
- Identify, develop and deliver high value partnerships with nonprofits, media organisations, influencers and others who can run large scale fundraising campaigns that set agendas and drive GFM’s objectives
- Contribute to conception and delivery of high impact content for distribution across a range of channels
- Working a with a range of outlets, help campaign organisers secure high quality, high volume media coverage for campaigns
- Help develop creative and innovative corporate and consumer comms ideas that further the GFM brand in the UK
- Providing high quality issues management and crisis communications.
- 3-5 years experience in a high profile, high intensity communications environment (PR agency/In-House/News organisation or ideally a combination)
- Experience in social media and content creation
- A great executor
- An agile thinker
- Able to switch tasks at the drop of a hat in fast moving situations
- Absolutely committed to driving the GFM brand forward while serving the needs of our users
- Live and breath campaigns, the news and the internet
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really.
- Our Gives Back program allots employees $1,000 per month to donate to the campaign of their choice.
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue bonuses.
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
GoFundMe welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds as we want our team to have experience and knowledge of the wide range of issues reflected on the platform.