Campus Advocate [Contractor]
Scope of work
This is part-time, seasonal, remote contract-based work.
As a Campus Advocate, you will leverage your on-campus connections to aid the GO Foundation’s recruitment efforts. You will use your network to increase awareness of the GO AmeriCorps Fellowship program on college campuses and in the community. In this position, you will play a role in the development of our talent pipeline by increasing GO’s access to college campuses, student and service organizations, and surrounding communities.
You serve to source emerging professionals to participate in the GO Fellowship program that benefits school communities from Connecticut to Washington, D.C. by providing individualized instruction, mentorship, and enrichment opportunities. The program has proven beneficial in supporting recent graduates who serve as Fellows in successfully launching their careers.
The work of a Campus Advocate is ideal for you if you are a self-directed, connected, resourceful, and a service-oriented person who believes in the value of the GO AmeriCorps Fellowship.
Compensation & Benefits
- $25/ hour base pay (10 hours max)
- $25 per application (capped at 20 applications)
- $250 per referred hire (uncapped)
- Gain valuable community outreach, marketing, and recruitment experience
Scope of Work- Details
As a Campus Advocate, you will:
- source relevant student groups on campus and make connections to generate leads
- market GO Fellowship program opportunities and share program information with student led organizations and department heads
- field questions from interested candidates
- meet with students, clubs, and influential people on campus to explore ways to promote the GO Fellowship
- schedule and lead on-campus info sessions
- regularly utilize social media presence to market the GO Fellowship opportunity
- table on-campus and/or attend a portion of a career fair with experienced recruiter
As a Campus Advocate, you are expected to (expectation reviewed quarterly):
- source a minimum of 4 applicants per quarter with a minimum 2 hires for the entire year
- participate in 2 virtual or in-person Informational Sessions or Career Fairs (per semester)
- conduct 1 social media campaign per week
- act as a spokesperson for the GO Fellowship maintain positive relationships with campus contacts
- support the ongoing development of campus engagement strategies and approaches
You are qualified to apply if you meet the following requirements:
- active and involved member at university and/or in community
- you know how to find relevant student groups on campus and make connections
- skilled at building interpersonal relationships and comfortable meeting new people
- motivated and self-directed
- demonstrate effective communication and organizational skills
- current undergraduate on priority campuses (preferred): Binghamton University, Bowie, Cheyney, Coppin, CUNY - Lehman College, Delaware State University, Florida State University, George Washington University, Howard University, Johns Hopkins University, Lincoln University, Montclair State University, Morgan State University, Pennsylvania State University, Rutgers New Brunswick Rutgers Newark, Seton Hall University, Spelman, Stony Brook University - SUNY, Temple University, University of California - Davis, University of California - Los Angeles, University of California - Santa Barbara, University of Connecticut, University of Delaware, University of Florida, University of Georgia, University of Maryland - College Park, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, University of Texas - Austin, William Paterson University of New Jersey