Godfrey Dadich Partners combines the best of brand, journalism, advertising, and digital to build compelling and emotive brand stories.We are looking for a summer editorial intern to join our team of journalists and nonfiction storytellers.
Our talented crew of editors, writers, creative directors, video producers, and brand strategists, collectively, have created an award-winning Netflix series, redesigned National Geographic, made a documentary about an iconic sneaker, and spearheaded the launch of Microsoft’s WorkLab digital publication. Our clients run the gamut from large tech corporations and media companies to arts and culture organizations and nonprofits.
The candidates most likely to thrive in this internship are self-starters who try solving challenges on their own before collaborating with others. They are comfortable receiving an assignment or directions, then running with the project and taking responsibility for communication with their team when they need assistance or guidance.
This is a paid hybrid role in San Francisco, and GDP will support the role with opportunities for ongoing education.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with our award-winning team of journalists and editors (formerly with WIRED, Los Angeles magazine, The Associated Press, among others) on new project launches
- Crafting social media posts and writing stories across platforms as needed
- Sitting in on editorial strategy meetings
- Collaborating with a diverse mix of teams—from art directors, engineers, and video producers to account managers and strategists—to refine and elevate your work
- Researching digital trends, pop culture, design, artificial intelligence experts, and other topics for ongoing editorial and client projects such as podcast dossiers and case studies
- Working on a collaborative Intern Pitch Project that gives interns from different teams an opportunity to create a proposal and build a pitch from the ground up.
- A commitment of up to 40 hours a week from June through August
- Journalism majors preferred
- Junior, senior, or recent graduates preferred
- Highly collaborative and resourceful self-starters who proactively move projects forward between check-ins
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
About Godfrey Dadich Partners
Godfrey Dadich Partners engineers strategies to define organizational purpose, creates designs for world-changing experiences, and authors content that drives immersive, action-oriented engagement. Our services include brand strategy, identity, and architecture; human interface design for desktop, mobile web, iOS, and Android; motion graphics and animation; editorial and print design; content strategy and development; media planning, buying, and optimization; and analytics and audience development.
Hourly Rate: $20.00