As a creative leader, you want to make work that tells authentic stories and moves people to action. You understand that to do this well requires making and leading in tandem: empowering teams to do their best work and partnering closely with them until final delivery. You believe in the power of good design—not as decoration, but as a critical tool to activate an idea. You are driven to create work that is grounded in strategy, conceptually compelling, and crafted to last beyond the current trends. You listen with curiosity, explain the “why” behind decisions, question assumptions (including your own), and share your viewpoints with confidence.
Does this sound like you? Godfrey Dadich Partners (GDP) is looking for an experienced, innovative, and agile creative director.
GDP brings together the best of journalism, strategy, and design to help brands tell better stories. We call this The New Editorial, and it takes the form of more authentic, engaging, and meaningful communications—from brand strategies and identities to documentary films and advertising.
This role will lead creative efforts across multiple client engagements, with a primary focus on telling stories in 360 advertising, events, digital experiences, and film. We are seeking someone with strong design chops and who thinks in motion. Our clients often come to us to launch new innovations, so having both an interest and proven experience in telling compelling stories about technology is a must.
This role is based in San Francisco.
Key responsibilities include:
- Shape briefs in conjunction with the strategy team, and lead all aspects of creative from concept to delivery. Bring transformative ideas to life across a wide range of formats: video, digital campaigns, motion graphics and animation, social media, experiential, design systems, brand editorial, and more.
- Mentor, motivate, and manage a group of creatives. Foster an inspiring and inclusive work culture that empowers all team members to have a voice.
- Develop client relationships that are built on trust and dialogue to enable creative teams to deliver informed work that pushes beyond the expected.
- Craft presentations that effectively communicate the work and facilitate rich discussions and dialogue with clients.
- Contribute to project budgets and resource planning, seeking out value and excellence within finite parameters. Bring in a network of creative collaborators and specialists when appropriate.
- Collaborate closely and effectively with peers across other disciplines, from writers to creative producers to client services.
- Collaborate with the head of creative to determine strategic hiring needs, interview candidates, and onboard new hires into a healthy and motivating team dynamic.
- Work closely with the partners and CEO to design business and communications systems for, by, and about GDP, including owned, social, and physical platforms.
- 10+ years experience working in an advertising, design, or film environment; however, less experienced candidates with advanced portfolios should also apply. We’re seeking a portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of how to establish, market, grow, and evolve brands through design, as well as an ability to connect creative ideas to business impact. Familiarity working with start-ups and nonprofits as well as large-scale global organizations.
- Experience in a people management role within a design team, with the ability to coordinate, direct, and provide creative direction to contractors, agencies, and in-house multidisciplinary creatives.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex, sometimes abstract, concepts clearly and persuasively—with both client and internal partners.
- A highly collaborative, self-motivated, and resourceful approach. Someone who proactively seeks out information, sets benchmarks, builds trust, and aligns expectations. Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- A strong knowledge of design principles and best practices related to a combination of marketing, branding, digital product, and motion design. A keen eye for typography, grids, and technical craft.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud. Familiarity with Keynote, Figma, and Slack. An interest in learning newly emerging design tools, including generative AI.
Godfrey Dadich Partners is an organization dedicated to ideas, process, and vision. But we know that true success comes from people. We’re always looking for new collaborators who believe optimism is a strategy for making a better future, and we recognize that great stories come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We’re committed to building a more diverse and inclusive team; we value different points of view and welcome those who have taken unconventional paths. If your experience doesn’t entirely conform to the qualifications listed above, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the team.
The salary range for this role is $170,000 - $200,000.
Our salary offers take into consideration the skills and experience a candidate brings, pay equity across similar roles within GDP, and the market rate for similar roles outside of GDP. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant, along with the requirements of the position. The company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. GDP is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and also offers comprehensive health and wellbeing benefits, personal and professional development, and career growth opportunities.