Godfrey Dadich Partners (GDP) brings together the best of journalism, strategy, and design to deliver The New Editorial—engaging and meaningful communications. From documentary films and longform journalism to corporate identities and brand campaigns, GDP helps brands, organizations, and movements tell better stories.
We are looking for a curious, highly motivated, collaborative, and detail-oriented junior designer to join our growing team.
The junior designer will be a vital contributor to projects across a wide range of disciplines: brand identity, editorial design, campaign development, web experiences, motion graphics, and presentation design. Prior experience in all of these areas is not required, but an eagerness to learn and collaborate is a must.
Key responsibilities include:
- Produce rigorous and original design work for a wide range of formats: print, web, social media, brand identity, animation, Keynote, advertising, etc.
- Ideate and execute polished illustrations that tie into a foundational concept.
- Shape presentations that effectively articulate, document, and convey the central concept and logic underlying a proposed design.
- Present concepts and design rounds to the internal team for feedback.
- Collaborate with a diverse mix of teams—from art directors, writers, engineers, and producers to account managers and strategists—to refine and elevate the work.
- Contribute to pitches for new business by designing compelling presentations that position Godfrey Dadich Partners to win new work.
- Work alongside writers and other designers to craft business and communications systems for, by, and about Godfrey Dadich Partners to be included on owned, social, and physical platforms.
- Previous experience working in a professional design environment, and/or a degree in a design-centered field.
- Highly collaborative and resourceful. A self-starter who proactively moves projects forward between check-ins and seeks out the information they need to be successful.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly and persuasively communicate the thinking behind complex or abstract concepts.
- A strong comfort level with an organic and iterative design process. Someone who approaches feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve as an individual and as a team member.
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Curiosity to seek out new trends and innovations in design. Has a keen interest in foundational design principles, particularly typography and grid.
- A high comfort level with executing illustrations (Procreate, Photoshop, or Illustrator)
- Demonstrates fluency with design tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite. Familiarity with Figma is a plus. Competency in Keynote and G Suite.
- Motion and typographic skills are a plus.
- A basic understanding of interaction design best practices when designing for digital environments is a plus.
About Godfrey Dadich Partners
Godfrey Dadich Partners helps brands tell better stories. We engineer strategies to define organizational purpose, create designs for world-changing experiences, and author content that drives immersive, action-oriented engagement. Our services include brand strategy, identity, and architecture; human interface design for desktop, mobile web, iOS, and Android; motion graphics and animation; editorial and print design; content strategy and development; media planning, buying, and optimization; and analytics and audience development.
The salary for this role is starting at $64,000.
Our salary offers take into consideration the skills and experience a candidate brings, pay equity across similar roles within GDP, and the market rate for similar roles outside of GDP. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant, along with the requirements of the position. The company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. GDP is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and also offers comprehensive health and wellbeing benefits, personal and professional development, and career growth opportunities.