Godfrey Dadich Partners (GDP) brings together the best of journalism, strategy, and design to help brands tell better stories. We call this The New Editorial, and it takes the form of more authentic, engaging, and meaningful communications—from brand strategies and identities to documentary films and longform journalism. We’re looking for a Design Director to join our team.
You’re a strategic creative maker and leader, who melds design craft with the kind of conceptual thinking that makes your brain smile. You’re excited by the prospect of working for a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary, design-centric firm where you’ll be asked to solve problems for an array of compelling clients using the highest level of insight and rigor. You’re a mentor who draws the best out of a team, and you consistently raise the bar with your own contributions. You seek out the unexpected, push the work from good to exceptional, and know how to shape the right story around the work to build our clients’ courage along the journey. After all, owning your truth and telling your story takes bravery.
This role is open to candidates based out of New York City or San Francisco.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Translating strategy into innovative visual storytelling and intuitive design solutions—keeping in consideration client goals, audience, business needs, and cultural context.
- Collaborating with a team of designers, writers, animators, account managers, and strategists to define and hone concepts, recommendations, and solutions.
- Crafting presentations that effectively communicate the work, and contributing to discussion and dialogue with clients.
- Working across multiple projects, maintaining a focused awareness for individual approaches and varied timelines.
- Alongside creative leadership peers, contributing to a vibrant culture that encourages new ideas and collectively inspires and motivates.
- 9+ years designing experiences across multiple platforms; however, less experienced candidates with advanced portfolios should also apply.
- Strong knowledge of scaleable identity and/or editorial systems, well-developed skills in ideation and execution, and a world-class portfolio to back it up.
- Recognizes the importance of connecting design and strategy, and can consistently articulate the core idea at the heart of the work.
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication skills. Must be able to articulate, annotate, and present the logic underlying proposed designs clearly and persuasively.
- Self-motivated and resourceful. Proactively seeks out information. Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to direct a project team of designers, shape projects in conjunction with a project manager, work under pressure and on deadline, and remain mindful of project scopes and budget.
- Fluency with directing or producing design in motion. Confident using animation to express an idea and explain something.
- Experience with designing for digital surfaces, print, and video.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite and interest in learning newly-emerging design tools. Familiarity with Keynote and Figma.
Godfrey Dadich is an organization dedicated to ideas, process, and vision. But we know that true success comes from people. We’re always looking for new collaborators who believe optimism is a strategy for making a better future, and we recognize that great stories come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We’re committed to building a more diverse and inclusive team; we value different points of view and welcome unconventional paths. If your experience doesn’t entirely conform to the qualifications listed above, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the team.
The salary range for this role is $140,000 - $180,000.
Our salary offers take into consideration the skills and experience a candidate brings, pay equity across similar roles within GDP, and the market rate for similar roles outside of GDP. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant, along with the requirements of the position. The company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time. GDP is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and also offers comprehensive health and wellbeing benefits, personal and professional development, and career growth opportunities.